The excitement is building as Super Bowl LVIII approaches, taking place in the vibrant city of Las Vegas, Nevada.
This year’s showdown features the Kansas City Chiefs, fresh off their Super Bowl win as recently as last year, 2023! Now, the team is going head-to-head with the San Francisco 49ers. If you’re new to gambling or just curious about the Super Bowl MVP favorites, you’re in the right place!
Let’s dive into the top five contenders for this prestigious award.
The Past Glory of Super Bowl MVPs
The Super Bowl MVP award is a coveted prize that cements a player’s name in football history. The winner is chosen by a panel of 16 football writers and broadcasters, as well as fans voting electronically. The panel’s ballots count for 80% of the vote tally, while the viewers’ ballots make up the other 20%.
Before we get into the current favorites, let’s take a quick trip down memory lane. Tom Brady is the only player to have won five Super Bowl MVP awards; Joe Montana has won three, and Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, Eli Manning, and Patrick Mahomes have won the award twice.
Super Bowl LVIII MVP TOP 5 Favorites
One name that stands out is Patrick Mahomes, who received the MVP award last year and in a previous Super Bowl in 2020, displaying his undeniable talent.
Looking at the frontrunners, it’s no surprise Patrick Mahomes leads the pack. Widely regarded as the best player in the sport, Mahomes has consistently delivered impressive performances.
Despite a somewhat quieter season, by his standards, Mahomes heads to Las Vegas in dangerous form. If the Chiefs emerge victorious, it’s hard to imagine anyone else claiming the MVP award.
The Super Bowl MVP award predominantly goes to quarterbacks, and the 49ers’ Brock Purdy is a promising candidate.
In recent history, quarterbacks have dominated this honor. Purdy’s performance in leading his team to victory could make him the first final draft pick to achieve this feat. The storyline of an underdog could add to his appeal.
— Super Bowl (@SuperBowl) February 6, 2024
Christian McCaffrey, the NFL’s rushing leader, is the first non-quarterback on the favorites list.
With an incredible ability to find the end zone and wreak havoc on the field, McCaffrey poses a significant threat to the Kansas City defense. It’s worth noting that it has been 27 years since a running back claimed this award.
While a tight end has never won the Super Bowl MVP award, Travis Kelce is poised to break that trend. His exceptional skills make him arguably the best in his position to grace the Super Bowl stage.
Deebo Samuel possesses the playmaking ability to be the game’s key difference-maker.
Despite a somewhat reduced role in the rushing game this season, he remains a crucial part of the 49ers’ offense. Even after a shoulder injury, Samuel’s determination and performance make him an intriguing MVP contender.
Betting on the MVP
The Super Bowl MVP award can be decided by a panel of experts and public votes, making it an exciting and unpredictable race.
As you gear up for the Super Bowl LVIII, keep an eye on these MVP favorites and enjoy the thrilling game ahead. Patrick Mahomes, the superstar quarterback, stands as the top favorite, while Brock Purdy, Christian McCaffrey, Travis Kelce, and Deebo Samuel are all formidable contenders.
Remember that responsible gambling is essential, and if you’re new to betting, be sure to gamble within your means. May the best player shine on the grand stage of Super Bowl LVIII!
The upcoming Super Bowl LVIII game taking place in Las Vegas, Nevada, will occur on February 11, 2024.
The Kansas City Chiefs are facing off against the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl LVIII.
The Super Bowl MVP is chosen by a panel of 16 football writers and broadcasters, as well as fan voting electronically.
Tom Brady has won the most Super Bowl MVP awards, with five to his name.
Patrick Mahomes won the Super Bowl MVP last year, as well as in 2020, making him a top contender.
Brock Purdy is a quarterback for the 49ers and is considered a promising candidate due to recent quarterback dominance in MVP awards.
No, a tight end has never won the Super Bowl MVP award, but Travis Kelce is poised to break that trend.
Deebo Samuel possesses playmaking ability and is a crucial part of the 49ers’ offense.
Related newsShow all news
PGA TOUR Supports Responsible Sports Betting Ads
Learn about PGA TOUR’s initiatives for safe, legal gambling in the USA, highlighting responsible sports betting and consumer education.
Introducing Dynamic Play in Betr Picks
Miss up to two picks and still win! Discover the revolutionary update to the Betr Picks app with Dynamic Play, the sports app by Jake Paul.