Online Sports Betting in WyomingPublished: | Updated:
Welcome to safe and legal gambling in Wyoming! The Equality State has always been ahead of early advancement, like women’s rights and now legal sports betting. WY launched legal betting in 2021. Continue reading to learn more about safe gambling in Wyoming.
Located in the Mountain West subregion, Wyoming is famous for its scenic national parks like Yellowstone and Grand Teton. If you live in Wyoming, you’re most likely familiar with the cowboy culture and have seen your fair share of ranches over the years. Giddy up, cowboys, online gambling has finally become legal in WY!
Popular sports in Wyoming
Wyoming is one of the least populated states in the US, so there aren’t enough people to create large sports teams. Although the state offers many fantastic minor league teams, WY does not have any locally based NBA, NFL, or MLB teams.
The neighboring professional local teams for Wyoming in the NBA would be the Denver Nuggets and Utah Jazz; the NFL would be Denver Broncos, the Colorado Avalanche for the NHL, and lastly, the Colorado Rockies in the MLB.
Check safe and legal betting sites that are available in Wyoming:
Legal sports betting in Wyoming
Although not many people live in the state, tourism is still massive in WY. Luckily, no matter if you live in Wyoming or visiting the state – you can now legally bet online if you are over 18 years old, have a SS number, and are located within state lines.
Betting online is the only legal option in Wyoming. There are no retail or in-person betting options.
Wyoming launched legal betting in September 2021, just in time for NFL. The bill was signed into law by Governor Mark Gordon, with DraftKings and BetMGM going live first in The Equality State. FanDuel and Caesars were next to launch, with more operators expected to join soon. These are the nation’s top 4 betting operators!
Similar to Tennessee, Wyoming only allows betting online. Retail or in-person betting is not allowed, so patrons must place all bets from a mobile or desktop. To bet legally in WY, you have to be over the age of 18, but Online Gamblers recommend players wait to with gambling until at least the age of 21. But 18 is the legal age for betting in Wyoming.
Although many visitors in Wyoming may come from Colorado, your account in CO will not be valid in WY. Some betting operators will require you to download the betting app or verify your account again, even if you have done this in CO. This is because the betting operations could be run on different platforms for each state. Kindly check directly with your betting operator to clarify what is needed when betting in different legal states. Please note that you will always be required to verify your location with a geolocation program when gambling online.
10 fun facts about sports and betting in Wyoming
- Legal sports betting in Wyoming was signed into law by Governor Mark Gordon.
- The legal betting operations were launched in September 2021.
- DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM, and Caesars, are currently the only operators available in the state.
- Operators in WY are taxed at 10% on gross proceeds.
- The Equality State puts aside the first $300,000 yearly from the tax revenue toward Gambling Addiction Treatment.
- Retail casinos are available in Wyoming, but no retail sports betting lounges.
- Betting is only allowed online in WY, and there are no legal retail or in-person betting options.
- College sports betting is allowed.
- Daily Fantasy Sports isn’t illegal in Wyoming, but it isn’t legal either – so it’s a grey zone.
- The Wyoming Gaming Commission (WGC) oversees all betting activity and regulation.
- The legal betting age in Wyoming is 18 years old. Still, Online Gamblers recommend that players wait to gamble until after 21 years old or later. Learn more about Responsible gambling here.
Responsible Gambling in Wyoming
If your betting is out of control, you can still always contact the National Problem Gambling Hotline for support at 1-800-522-4700. The call is anonymous, and the phone hotline is available 24/7/365 toll free. You can also text the number 1-800-522-4700 or enter the website chat here.
Want to learn more about online casinos and sports gambling? Follow our Online Gamblers Academy and learn how to have fun responsibly!
Yes, it is legal to bet on sports and other events since April, 2021.
Yes, sports betting is legal in Wyoming, and there is a list of safe and legal sites to choose from. Read above!
Wyoming’s sports betting apps include major sportsbook brands–DraftKings, FanDuel, and BetMGM.