Operators work together on Responsible Gambling
America’s biggest operators have created a new 12-point contract of responsible gambling standards. This includes FanDuel, Entain, DraftKings, BetMGM, Bally’s, and MGM Resorts International. All operators will encourage their affiliate partners to implement the RG pledges they have agreed to undertake. This will include content providers, social media influencers, accounts, and brand ambassadors. The 12 points involve operating in legal markets with consumer protection. It also involves making efforts to implement responsible gaming culture in all their respective businesses. It also states that some individuals will need additional tools and support related to their gambling activities.
The pledge is part of the American Gaming Association’s Responsible Gambling Education Month. It highlights a shared responsibility to address problem gambling, as well as work with other groups in the sector. In addition, all committed operators have vowed to conduct research continuously to assess the impact of these pledges.
Complete list of responsible gambling principles:
- We take active steps to prevent underage and excluded individuals from participating in any form of gaming within our products.
- We help patrons make informed choices about their gaming. We provide easy-to-read information about how to play, provide responsible gaming tools, including information on how to access and use such tools, and provide other related information, including information about the toll-free helpline, as well as resources for those who are seeking support related to their gaming.
- We support adopting and effectively promoting a unified nationwide responsible gaming toll-free helpline.
- We abide by applicable standards of socially responsible advertising, including compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and standards, and we avoid using minors in marketing content.
- We only use actors and company representatives in advertising and social media relating to gaming who reasonably appear to be above the legal age to gamble.
- We provide our customers with tools to play responsibly, including but not limited to self-exclusion tools, financial and other account limits, as well as customer betting histories.
- We abide by all self-exclusion rules and regulations and provide resources to individuals who make a choice to self-exclude.
- We encourage patrons to set a budget that they can afford and never play beyond their means, not view gaming as a means to financial success.
We encourage patrons to set time and financial limits on gaming and stick to them, not chase losses.
- We believe in a shared responsibility approach to addressing problem gaming and are committed to working with policymakers, academic experts and researchers, problem gaming treatment organizations, advocacy groups, and our partners, as well as with our customers, to promote responsible gaming and address problem gaming.
- We support funding for evidence-based problems and responsible gaming research.
- We provide all applicable employees with responsible gaming training upon hire and regularly thereafter in order to embed responsible gaming culture in our businesses.
- We are committed to evaluating and monitoring our respective responsible gaming programs and initiatives.
PointsBet sportsbook in Louisiana
Louisiana Gaming Control Board authorized PointsBet’s sportsbook launch. The launch in Louisiana marks the fourth state launch under the partnership with Penn Entertainment. It was first announced in August 2019 and later extended in March 2021. It granted the firm market access to specific Penn markets for 20 years.
PointsBet now has 12 online sportsbook operations in the US. This involves New Jersey, Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Colorado, Michigan, West Virginia, Virginia, New York, Pennsylvania, Kansas, and now Louisiana.
PointsBet USA CEO Johnny Aitken shared, “I am truly delighted to see our product now available to the superuser bettors of Louisiana. They will now have an app that is designed and ongoingly improved to meet their every need.” Aitken said.
“Additionally, I’d like to give a massive thank you to the entire global team at PointsBet for continuing our momentum forwards. “We look forward to delivering Louisiana sports fans, from Bourbon Street to the Bayou, our fast, premium sports betting products. And, with the NFL and CFB season in full swing, the timing is perfect to showcase our live betting capabilities,” he added.
BetMGM partners up with High School Musical star Vanessa Hudgens
Vanessa Hudgens has become BetMGM’s brand ambassador. She will participate in upcoming marketing campaigns, promotions, and social media content for BetMGM’s igaming and casino platforms. Hudgens has appeared in films including Spring Breakers, Bad Boys for Life, and Tick, Tick… BOOM! She has also featured in Broadway productions, including Gigi, FOX’s Grease: Live, and Rent: Live.
The actress joins BetMGM ambassadors Jamie Foxx and Jerry Ferrara, as well as sports figures, including NHL legend Wayne Gretzky, Edmonton Oilers player Connor McDavid, NBA star Kevin Garnett, and NFL player Marshawn Lynch.
BetMGM chief revenue officer Matt Prevost said, “Vanessa Hudgens is extremely gifted and will be instrumental in BetMGM’s ongoing evolution as an entertainment company,” Prevost said. “We look forward to the partnership and her support in our goal of reaching new audiences in unique and engaging ways,” the BetMGM CRO added.
Hudgens will also feature in the ‘Its On’ campaign, which debuted ahead of the new NFL season.
Global Gaming Awards Las Vegas 2022
It’s already nine years since the Global Gaming Awards take place. These are the most trusted and prestigious awards in the industry. It is due to the strict rules and procedures. Companies and individuals are nominated based on merit.
This year’s event will reward operators and suppliers across 15 categories. The panel will decide on the winners of over 100 C-level industry executives, including Sheila Morago, Executive Director of the Oklahoma Indian Gaming Association; John Connelly, Global CEO of Interblock Gaming; Ray Pineault, CEO of Mohegan; Kimberly Van Amburg, CEO of Casino Del Sol.
At the beginning of the year, companies had the chance to submit self-nominations at the start of the year. The Gambling Insider and Gaming America teams also asked independent consultants for their recommendations before deciding on the final Shortlist. Editor-in-Chief of Gambling Insider and Gaming America shared, “Our industry gets better, stronger, and more innovative month after month, so of course, it’s normal that the nominations we receive for the Global Gaming Awards will be stronger year after year.”
To explain more, KPMG independently adjudicates the voting process in the Crown Dependencies to ensure complete fairness and transparency. BetConstruct is the event’s Lead Partner, and category sponsors include IGT, CasinoTrac, Aristocrat Gaming, White Hat Gaming, Interblock Gaming, Relax Gaming, NOVOMATIC, Aruze Gaming, Bragg Gaming, Velvix, Amelco, EGT, and Light & Wonder.
The official ceremony will reveal the winners on 10 October during a live stream.
Source for the full shortlist: gamblinginsider.com
Related newsShow all news
Borgata Online Awards $3M Jackpot In Bison Fury
Bison Fury’s $2 bet turned into a fortune in Borgata’s $3M jackpot win. Learn more about this lucky slot and online winner from BetMGM here!
Everything We Know About Kindred Leaving The US
Unibet’s parent company, Kindred, exits the US. Explore the reasons behind their market exit and its effects on online gambling.